MEET COACH RYAN
- 8 years of personal training and strength & conditioning coach experience
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) with the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Sports Performance Coach with USA Weightlifting (USAW)
- Mutli-Directional Speed Instructor (MDS-I) with Lee Taft Athletic Consulting Certification Program
- Internship experience as an NCAA Division 1 Olympic Sports Strength & Conditioning Intern at The University of Akron
- Internship experience as a Strength & Conditioning Coach intern at Akron Children’s Hospital
As Head Strength & Conditioning Coach of Pinnacle Performance, Ryan has devoted 8-years to instructing athletes and clients of all ages and abilities on how to become healthier, leaner, stronger, and more powerful. A native of Parma Heights, OH, Ryan graduated from Valley Forge High School and The University of Akron. While at The University of Akron, Ryan gained experience and education, not only through his undergraduate studies, but through two different internships. One was spent with The University of Akron’s Olympic Sports Strength & Conditioning staff (every sport besides football). Here he obtained 300 hours of experience in the NCAA Division 1 setting, working with athletes from all walks of life. His second internship was spent with Akron Children’s Hospital’s Sports Medicine: Sports Rehabilitation Center. In this internship, valuable experience and knowledge was gained in the interest of growth and development patterns in young athletes as well as injury prevention programming.
Since graduating from The University of Akron in December 2013 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, Ryan has continued to work hard at continuing to seek new information regarding the skills of being a coach, the science behind strength & conditioning, obtaining certifications, and developing a system that enables athletes of all ages and abilities to reach their peak performance.